Many items are despatched directly from warehouse.
To purchase instore call (09) 274 2727 to check item is in stock
Anti-Corrosive Shop Primer For Steel
CRC Prime It - Red Oxide Primer is a penetrating shop primer with high levels of anti-corrosive zinc complexes. It is formulated for the protection of structural steel and iron and can be applied over clean or lightly rusted surfaces. It forms a durable protective coating with a red-oxide finish that does not require immediate overcoating, but can be overcoated at a later stage if desired.
Ongoing protection can be achieved through overcoating or simple recoating with CRC Prime It - Red Oxide Primer after 3 years, depending on conditions. Protection in extreme conditions may require re-application more frequently.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc enriched for corrosion protection – High levels of anti-corrosive zinc complexes
- Long-term protection – Up to 3 years outdoors before overcoating or recoating with CRC Prime It is necessary, depending on conditions
- Scratch resistant, durable – Withstands harsh outdoor conditions
- Compatible with most standard decorative paint systems for metals
- Ready to Use Aerosol – No additional mixing or chemical additives required. Easy application. No clean up.
- Red-oxide finish
- Lead and cadmium free
- MPI Approved C23
- CRC Prime It is ideal for use on bare steel and iron surfaces
- Structural steel or frames – Welded seams, spot welding repairs, rivet holes, signs and signposts, pipes, roofs
- Industrial – Equipment and machinery, machine housings
- Farm equipment – Tank stands, fences, gates, animal raceways in milking sheds and yards, farm implements and tractor draw bars, metal junction
- At home – On iron railings, roofing and spouting, gutters, radio and TV aerials, outdoor fixtures, hinges, fences and gates